Sierra Tahoe Bigfoot Research

This site is dedicated to the research of bigfoot, and it's habitat, in the Tahoe and outlying Sierra region of Nevada and California. We listen to witnesses who want to talk about their experiences, and keep them confidential unless otherwise requested. Our mission is to learn as much as we can about the possible existence of the sasquatch, in the hope that we can all gather a better knowledge of the species, then ultimately, we as a race understand that it's habitat, and way of life, must be protected.



Compare hotel prices and find the best deal - HotelsCombined.com

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

BIGFOOT: Nevada Sasquatch Encounter Lasting Several Hours, Part 1

A lonely stretch of road near Crescent Valley, Nevada


I received this report a few weeks ago. I wanted some time to pass, to let this gentleman's experience, have time to settle. When someone has an encounter of this magnitude, it is a life changing experience. I know a few people who have had very close encounters, and thinking about sasquatch has literally consumed them.

I asked his permission last week if it would be alright for me to post his story here. Obviously, he gave me the OK.

Here's what Jordan wrote:

I had an experience the other night that is leaving me feeling a little crazy and confused. I however know I saw something and heard things I cant explain. After seeing markings on my SUV and reading online I have decided to share the experience with you. Maybe this will confirm my theory and help me feel like I am not insane.

Let me tell you about myself first. I'm 29 going to be 30 this month. I have 3 kids and I'm married to a wonderful down to earth woman. I'm originally from San Diego and moved to the Dayton area about 6 months ago so my wife could be closer to family and we could escape the rat race. I took a job as a mechanic for a mining company in the Elko area. I commute to Crescent Valley on my weeks on and come home on my weekends till we find a house closer to my work. Anyway I make this 4 hour drive about 6 times a month.

About 3 months ago I ran into a rash of car trouble in that area. So far I have had a tire shred on my truck that almost put me on its lid, a radiator blow apart on the same truck, a truck I borrowed lost an alternator there. Then this last time. I left Crescent Valley about 8 pm. I was talking to my wife on the phone when i ran out of gas. I usually make it to nearest gas station. I tried to get help for a few hours to no avail. Police said, "Tough." and the local tow company would tow me but not bring me a gallon of gas to get into town and people stopping to see whats going on apparently isn't allowed. They just get over and speed up.

Eventually a NHP officer pulled up and offered me a ride to the gas station, but then he had to leave while we were there so I had to walk back with my gallon of gas. Took about an hour and a half because I was cold due to not having proper attire. I put the gas in and tried to start the SUV. Now I've got a DEAD BATTERY. Again no help from law enforcement and the on-call tow operator was TOO LAZY TO GET OUT OF BED AND HELP.

Long story, ended up with my wife and myself just being hung up on. So I figured I'll have to wait till I get a friend to wake up and come help. I tried to warm up best I could. No jackets, just 2 light blankets in the car and a balaclava from work. Did I mention my drivers window was stuck down? It was now low teens as far as temp. I'm laying in the drivers seat, when I feel the car rock side to side. Nothing had driven by and there were no cars for miles. I sit up and look around. Not a damn thing anywhere. Just dark and cold as hell. I light a cigarette and look around outside. I was just out there trying to flag down cars not 20 minutes before, and I saw nothing around.

No one had driven by in a while so I laid back down. I cruised my phone for a few and felt tired. Its 2:20 am. I'LL NEVER FORGET THAT TIME. I was on my side facing the passenger side. After I focused on the window, passed the glow of my phone, I saw a face in the window. Wasn't human. Wasn't a dog. Not anything I've ever seen. I could see the glow from the phone on it. I blinked, and it was gone. Shook my head and thought I was hallucinating because I was bordering on hypothermia. About 20 minutes later I wake up not knowing I was asleep and I lying flat. Over the hood, I see a figure. Same face I saw earlier, just darker. Then it was gone.

Wow! "I'm losing it." I start thinking to myself. I feel very tired at this point, so I lay down again. Facing the drivers door I close my eyes. A few minutes later I have the feeling of a presence and open my eyes. There's a figure at the open window just inches from my face! I don't move, but look up and see it is above the car. This is a GMC Envoy SUV. I'm 6'4" and barely can see over the top. I move, and it slips back behind the door so I cant see. Holy sh*t! I wasn't hallucinating now. I saw something. I sat up and looked around. Stuck my head out the window. There was nothing there. Wow!

So I light a cigarette and sit up towards the steering wheel. Its so cold, I don't even know what to compare it to. Still no help either by the way. A few trucks go by. I try too see anything in the headlights. Nothing. Looking at the center divide which is a ditch about 20 yards across., I see a dark mass that moved a little bit. I figured it a deer, or a bush. There are no bushes here though, so it's not likely I see the only one and swear it just showed up. After seeing that I'm sitting looking out the windshield smoking and I hear a low gurgle talking sound. Never heard anything like it in my life. Almost like the predator was speaking gibberish while gargling. I look. There's nothing there, and it came from the center divide. THAT WAS NOT EVEN QUESTIONABLE AS A FIGMENT OF THE IMAGINATION. I heard it. Few seconds later I hear it again but its louder and right at the front of the car. I dip my head out the window, and look but again, nothing was there.

Somewhere, I fell asleep again and was awoken by another NHP at 6:32 am who thought I was frozen to death. He helped me get going to fuel up and get home. Everything is fine and I get home OK.

Feeling a little weird from the cold experience but I'm still kicking. Now I can't get what I saw out of my head. Can't get what I heard out of my head. I explain what happened to the wife and she seems to get it.

Then I do research, and can't find anything related to cryptozoology for that area accept one bigfoot article. It fits the description of what I saw pretty well, and I find a recorded speech pattern that I can hear what I heard on the side of the road up there. Not exact, but I can hear it.

So today, January the 8th, we go to look at the car to see if there's anything on it. We find hand prints with fingerprints in areas that match pushing the car to shake it. All around the body the dirt is swept away. Obviously from a hairy mass rubbing on the sides and rear bumper. You can see where the car was leaned on for a few while looking in the windows, and where I startled it and it backed away from the window. I can prove it too. I took pictures. The hand is much bigger than mine and new to the car but not done here because it has a layer of road dust over it from my drive home. Review this and let me know what you think. I believe what I saw and experienced, and no one will convince me otherwise. I thought you might be interested in my story.

Thanks for reading,
Jordan


I immediately replied to Jordan after he sent me this report. I addressed a few points regarding bigfoot habitat and sightings in this area, hypothermia, the vocalizations, and a few other points. I will follow up in a day or two on those points, as well as I will post the photos he sent of the palm and finger prints from the tailgate of his SUV.

Most people are very reluctant to share their experiences. Again, I want to thank Jordan for his report.

To read the follow up to this report, BIGFOOT: Nevada Sasquatch Encounter Lasting Several Hours, Part 2 CLICK HERE
CLICK ON THE SQUATCH AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE TO READ THE LATEST POST


America's #1 Trusted Source to Gov't Car Auctions


GREAT OPPORTUNITY - Click Here!

13 comments:

chessy said...

This is an amazing story but I have one problem with it...The guy has a working phone he is stuck on the side of the road in freezing weather why didn't he just say he was not dressed correctly and could freeze to death the Police cannot ignore someone who calls 911 saying their car is dead and they are freezing to death. It was in the teens my God what kind of Police Dept would leave a person abandoned on the side of the road in freezing weather...This bothers me about the story.

Linda Newton-Perry said...

I'm sorry you had such an ordeal.

Jordan said...

Thanks for commenting on my story. Everyone I tell about my experience says the same thing. Why didnt anyone help? I said the same thing myself and to keep my story to the point for the content of the website I left alot out regarding the police and what went on. Just know that the local law enforcement is a joke in these rural areas. I have taken my case to the highest authorities and the department is being dealt with and my wife and I will not let up till we get full answers and see results. Also thanks to chuck for helping me better understand what happened. This is a subject few take a serious ear to.

Anonymous said...

This is quite an interesting and amazing story. I've often wondered if bigfoot or sasquatch can be found in the desert asides from their norm of the forested area. Living in San Diego, I have read some stories of desert sasquatch in Borego Springs and often wondered if this was possible.

Jordan's In-Laws said...

Jordan is our son-in-law. He believes in cars, tools for mechanics on big engines and water craft, and his family. Not much else catches his interest. He now packs survival gear instead of thinking it's just a long drive and he is immune to the things that happen to "everyone else". We know that he has been traumatized. We believe that he experienced something bizarre and we believe that something kept him alive and his adrenaline pumping so he did not succumb to hypothermia and die. Two hours after NHP got him on the road and heat to his vehicle he arrived home with bleeding nailbeds on his hands and feet and he still had splotchy skin from being so blue with the hypothermia. To say it has been difficult for him to believe what he saw and experienced is putting it mildly. Shame on local law enforcement, local towing, and NHP for not covering these major freeways 24 hours a day. We now thank God everyday for "Bigfoot" saving Jordan's life.

Anonymous said...

I amazed by your lack of fear considering how you describe being alone at night in the middle of nowhere freezing to death with apparently a sasquatch outside your window.
I know they exist, what I can't fathom is the apparent lack of fear or even curiosity on your part in the post. Must of been one hell of a night.

Sam said...

Gosh, Jordan, what a scary night. I'm glad you lived to tell the tale.

Actually, from my own experiences, I can imagine only too well the sorts of responses you got from local police and other services. I hope you get full apologies from them.

I just had to comment also on your great talent in writing the account. My adrenalin was coursing as I read on and I felt I was almost there in the car with you! Don't think I've ever been so scared just by words on screen. Don't know why, but I;ve a feeling that your story will stay in my mind for ever.

twas_brillig said...

So much for "to protect and to serve" from the local law enforcement, that really bothers me too.

Perhaps there's something I missed and forgive me if I have, but the man's wife couldn't find SOMEONE she knew to get a ride out there to help her husband? I mean I don't understand that not happening either, this was an emergency. He could have froze to death. Maybe he didn't want to worry her. I could see that =).

Anyway, of course if the events hadn't taken place, he wouldn't have had this great story and everyone...PEACE TO BIG FOOT, they ARE the good guys. =)

Sierra Tahoe Bigfoot Research said...

In Jordan's report, I never got the impression that he had really expressed to anyone that he was in real dire straits. His wife was over 3 hours away, and I'm sure they figured, either law enforcement, a tow truck or a passer by would have lent some assistance sooner rather than later. The whole incident seemed to just keep dragging on longer than I think anyone thought it would. He decided to make the trek back to the SUV with his gas can, and thought he'd get on the road. That didn't happen, so he was stuck there til NHP showed back up.

Jordan is an equipment mechanic at a large mining operation. I'm familiar with the mining business, and those guys a quite the proud, manly kind of men. Do you think he's going to whine to anyone and act as if he couldn't handle the cold? I think Jordan was the only person that knew how bad off he really was, besides maybe the squatch. I do agree that law enforcement dropped the ball on that one.

Anonymous said...

There is a big problem with this story. The NHP would not just leave him to walk back to his car. They would have taken him back and made sure he was well on his way before leaving his side.
As for local law enforcement. Where Crescent Valley is is a remote location in a vast county with nothing for miles around, (like most of the state). I have lived in Nevada all my life and know how vast the nothingness goes. Nevada rural areas in 99% sagebrush and desert and yes it gets very cold, especially this time of year. I was with a county SAR team for many years and have medical training and it takes many hours to find someone when we first got the call. The lack of water(?) mixed with hypothermia would cause severe and wild hallucinations. And in the eerie silents your mind does wander.
I do believe that he possibly saw a Sasquatch, but I wasn't there and don't know Jordan. But I praise GOD he survived the bitter cold. That is a miracle in itself.
I look forward to reading more on this and possibly getting out in that area to search for evidence. But it does sound credible.

Anonymous said...

Makes sense to me that being in a state of hypothermia would cause severe lethargy, sleepiness, etc. and make it difficult to get really excited about the encounter and only react enough to prevent succumbing to the hypothermia. It sounds like many other stories of bigfoot encounters where they seem to psychically know when someone is in trouble and they do something to help out. Another story told of a boy falling into a creek, hitting his head and losing consciousness and being dragged out of the water and carried to a warm place by a bigfoot. They somehow helped him dry out quickly and took him back to the area where his friend was. The 1924 miner incident spawned a book by one of the miners that says they are supernatural beings. Seemed to indicate more going on than just an animal in the wilderness.

Anonymous said...

Ok, so this was posted a few weeks ago. Where are those pictures? Pictures don't lie, so to give more credit to the story, post them up!

Sierra Tahoe Bigfoot Research said...

@Anonymous, this was actually last year, not a couple weeks ago. Photo of the palm print is in Part 2 of the story. Thanks for posting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

COUNTER